Are you an architect interested in advancing the design industry? You have the unique opportunity to contribute to a premier architectural and interior design firm that is changing the landscape of “how we do business” by investing in people, embracing technology, and positioning ourselves as master-problem solvers within any community where we are invited to help. Founded by Luke Desmone 60 years ago, we have grown from a small family-owned business into a diverse ownership group of 9 people. While we pay homage to our past through our values, we also understand our future success is only possible by allowing our employees to take ownership of the design opportunities presented across a myriad of project types.
Why Desmone? We believe that our work matters, and our culture embodies that. We are creative professionals who want to transform the environment around us in a positive way. Our people bring a higher quality of life through design. We invite you to consider joining our ever-growing family.
- Diverse Projects: Our portfolio and active projects include civic, community, commercial, education, healthcare, hospitality, industrial, single family, multi-family, religious, and retail. Nearly all of our staff works across multiple types.
- Commitment To Community: We believe that through serving & inspiring others to be their best, we will achieve our best.
- Grit Without Ego: We hash out design challenges, charrette regularly, explore unexpected solutions, but we leave our egos at the door.
- Small Firm Feel In A Mid Sized Firm: Our firm’s studio structure allows everyone to have a voice, and provides less experienced studio members access to approachable senior staff whenever you need it.
Benefits of being a Desmonian:
- Work From Home Flexibility: Our employees have the option to work from home up two days a week.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You can go to a parent-teacher conference during the day, take a yoga class, or be home when the cable repair person comes.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance: We believe that healthy employees (and their furry friends) make happy employees. We offer a full range of benefits to cover all of your needs.
- “Beyond Desmone” Program: This firm-sponsored series connects our designers with local craftspeople through excursions, fabrication shop tours, and hands on workshops, planting the seeds of diversity and creativity in all of our work.
- “Desmone Discovers” Program: Do you miss the element of discovery and experimentation that you had in school? This newly-formed internal group researches products, techniques, and case studies that are relevant to the built environment.
- Generous PTO: Our work/life balance is important to us. We offer paid time off that allows you to use time when you need it.
- Group Outings: From Kennywood Day and baseball games, to happy hours, our long list of events keeps our team feeling appreciated and de-stressed through the work week.
- Professional Costs: We cover the costs associated with architectural registration and NCIDQ certification, including reimbursement for exams and paid time off to take them. We also cover the costs of membership in professional organizations such as the American Institute of Architects.
- And that’s just to name a few. Only our employees know all of our secrets!
What We Like To Brag About:
PSMJ’s Circle of Excellence Award (2016, 2017)
Among 2017’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies in Pittsburgh
Best Places to Work in Western PA in 2017 (10 years!)
FALL/WINTER INTERN – PITTSBURGH, PA
Full or part-time positions available for 3 to 4 month periods from August 2018 through May 2019.
- Minimum 2 years at accredited architecture or interior design program.
- Strong Revit skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Basic knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Professional experience beneficial but not required.
See http://desmone.com/internships/ for additional information.
Please submit all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fall Internship Inquiry” in the subject line. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
PROJECT ARCHITECT – PITTSBURGH, PA
Permanent, full-time position.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional Revit skills within a professional setting.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to execute work quickly and efficiently.
- Competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Ability to communicate with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Experience with industrial, commercial or higher education projects beneficial.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience preferred.
Email resume, cover letter and work samples to Travis L. Kreidler, AIA at email@example.com with “Employment Inquiry” in the subject line. All inquiries are strictly confidential.