Jared, Designer says…
“Portfolios are a key component of the interview process. Here are some tips…”
- Use your portfolio to help you tell your story and show your work.
- Select best projects and best images – simple is better.
- Identify each project and your role on it.
- Keep text brief – images and drawings tend to be more effective than words.
Kelsey, Designer says…
“Interning and being a part of a design firm during my senior year of college was one of the most valuable parts of my education. Being an intern at Desmone helped me to…”
- Understand what it means to be a designer and how to work with a team of professionals.
- I recognized there were gaps in my knowledge and was able to focus on those classes my last year of school.
- Interning was also a great way for me to transition my skills from student to professional!
Shelby, Designer says…
“Perks help with your decision process. At Desmone Architects, we offer…”
- Employee development & continuous improvement
- A vast range of project types
- Study materials for NCIDQ, LEED, and AREs
- IDP supervisors for architectural track
- A fun culture that promotes various activities
- Access to Lawrenceville, the coolest neighborhood in Pittsburgh!
Katelyn, Designer says…
“Experiences during your internship set you up for your next step in life. With Desmone you will gain…”
- Furthered confidence with industry software
- Professional connections in Pittsburgh and beyond
- Expanded workplace interpersonal communication skills
- Encouragement to pursue your skills and interests
- A foot in the door for future employment